Are you wondering how to get rid of armpit fat fast? Let me guess: maybe because in a week time you have a party, date or wedding and you want to look stunning in a strapless dress you just got.
I’ve been there.. so don’t worry you can lose that stubborn underarm fat in a week. Yep.. you heard me right. Sounds good?
With determination, consistency, and discipline it’s possible to have a skinny arm.
So no excuses! Think I’m exaggerating? Okay, read on…
Many people usually complain about the fat from different parts of the body.
A significant part of this complaint is usually directed towards the fat from the armpit.
Therefore, this article on how to get rid of armpit fat will discuss the best exercises you can do to burn arm fat fast.
Just like all other areas of your body, your armpit too can have excess fat.
However, you should be aware that getting rid of armpit fat is virtually impossible if you don’t reduce your overall body fat.
You must make a decision to reduce your overall body weight if you really want to reduce your underarm fat.
Full body workouts are the way to go on how to get rid of armpit fat.
They help to burn off the excess fat all over your body including the armpit. Combine this with a healthy diet and you’re guaranteed to lose that underarm fat bra.
Before we go into the details on the best exercises on to get rid of armpit fat, let us look at the causes of armpit fat.
What Causes Armpit Fat
There are many factors that can contribute to the occurrence of armpit fat. In this section, we take a look at some of the major causes of armpit fat.
For some people, armpit fat simply occurs as a result of family genetics.
Your aunt, mother or grandmother might have had this trait and so it should be of no surprise if you begin to notice armpit fat.
Size of the Breast
Most people with naturally large breast tend to develop fat under the armpit.
This is simply because a woman with a naturally large breast already has a high-fat content in her chest.
Therefore, this will increase the chances of you having an armpit fat.
Wearing A Bra That Doesn’t Fit
This is one of the most popular causes of armpit fat.
Some women tend to wear a bra with cups that are too tight for their boobs.
In situations like this, the breast tissue tends to escape from the bra towards your underarms region.
Bras with bands that do not fit right with your body can also cause armpit fat.
The factors above are the three major causes of armpit fat. Other factors that can also contribute to armpit fat include hormonal changes, and being overweight.
How to Get Rid of Armpit Fat-10 Best Underarm Fat Exercises that Work
Now, it’s time to discuss the best exercises that can help to get rid of armpit fat. These exercises are effective armpit fat removal and will help on how to lose flabby arms.
1. Pushups for Arm Fat
Oh yes, the classic and popular pushup is the first on our list of exercises to lose armpit fat.
The pushup is one exercise that has been around for ages. The lucky thing is it can be performed virtually anywhere. You can perform this at home, your office, or at the gym. The exercise helps to work your chest, shoulders, and arms. This will definitely get rid of that underarm fat really fast.
How to Get Rid of Armpit Fat with Push-ups
- Begin by assuming a plank position.
- Ensure you bend those elbows until the chest is just about 4 inches from the ground.
- Now straighten your arms by using your hand to push into the floor to bring your body up.
- Go back down into the previous plank position
- You can perform 10 reps. Make sure you increase the reps as you get used to it.
2. Cardiovascular Workouts
Like we mentioned earlier, it’s virtually impossible to get rid of fat from just one particular area of the body.
What you have to do is to concentrate your energy on exercises that will help you reduce fat from your whole body, hence also affecting the armpit fat.
Cardiovascular workouts are the way to go in terms of exercises that help to reduce body fat.
Also known as aerobic exercises, cardiovascular workouts have always been the best form of exercises to help you get rid of body fat.
Aerobic exercises include running, fast walk, martial arts, swimming, riding your bicycle, or jump rope.
You should always do this exercise for about 5-7 hours weekly to help to get rid of armpit fat.
Combine this with a healthy diet, and you have one of the best underarm fat burning combinations.
3. Incline Chest Press And Fly
The incline chest press and fly is another beneficial move that will help reduce armpit fat.
It is done using a bench and a dumbbell.
The workout targets your shoulders.
It also works your pectoralis muscles, and along with the shoulders is important in making your underarm firm.
How to Reduce Arm Fat with Chest Press
- Begin by lying with your back on a bench that is positioned at an incline.
- Hold a pair of a dumbbell in your hands and then stretch your arms out just in front of you. Ensure you lock your elbows with your hands in a grip position around the dumbbells. The palms must face each other.
- Now open your arms slowly to your sides and keep them straight. Your palms should face up.
- Make sure you extend the arms until you feel a stretch across your shoulders, biceps, and chest.
- Bring the arms back up to the previous starting position.
- Open the arms once again to the sides of your body, but now you make sure you bend at the elbows to form a 90-degree angle.
- Bring the arms back up once again and ensure you squeeze the weight together as you do that.
- Continue the movement for 60 seconds.
4. Standing Reverse Fly
The standing reverse fly is another effective exercise to get rid of armpit fat fast.
The exercise not only helps you get rid of underarm fat, it also helps to strengthen your back and chest.
It is one of the best exercises you can do to get rid of armpit fat
How to Get Rid of Underarm Flab with Reverse Fly
- Begin by holding a pair of small weight in your hands. Make sure the hands are facing forward.
- Slightly bend the knees and then lean forward just at your waist. Your back should be straight.
- Now lift your arms outward and raise them towards the sky.
- You should ensure you pinch the shoulder blades together.
- Lower the arms down slowly to the previous starting position and repeat the movement.
- You can do this for about 60 seconds
5. The Swan Yoga Pose for Armpit Fat
Here is another yoga exercise that works to get rid of your armpit fat.
We had to include this exercise because it is effective and simple for beginners to perform.
The exercise not only works your underarms, it also helps to add strength to your abs and core.
The upper back muscles are also not left out in this workout.
Follow the directions below to perform one of the best exercises on to get rid of armpit fat.
How to Reduce Arm Fat in a Week by Yoga
- Begin by lying down on the ground with your stomach flat on the floor.
- Place your arms directly under your armpits with your elbows out wide.
- Now lift your body just a few inches from off the floor.
- Bring your body back down and repeat the movement.
- Perform this move for about a minute.
You May Also Like This: How to Lose Arm Fat Fast in a Week – 9 Best Arm Fat Workouts
6. Pulling Weights Exercise for Armpit Fat
The pulling weight workout is another exercise that is worthy of mention in our list of best exercises for armpit fat.
It is very easy to perform yet extremely powerful in reducing underarm fat.
It targets both your arms and chest and makes sure they are put through some good work. The workout also helps to tone your back.
- Begin by lying down flat on the ground with your stomach.
- Ensure your legs are stretched out straight behind you.
- Grab small weights on both your arms and put the arms out just to your asides.
- Engage your core and also reach for your legs at the back using your arms.
- As you reach for your legs, lift your chest and head off from the ground at the same time.
- Then extend the arms once again to your sides and lower your head and chest to the ground at the same time.
- You can do this for about 60 seconds.
7. Dumbbell Flyes
The dumbbell flyes is a must if you are really serious about losing armpit fat.
The exercise works your entire arms and adds strength to the arms.
It is definitely one workout you should not do without.
How to Do Dumbbell Flyes for Armpit Fat
- Begin by lying flat on the ground with your back.
- Raise your legs and bend it at the knees. It should form a 90-degree angle.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells on both arms. Your arms should be raised at and bent at your elbows. Make sure your palms are facing inward.
- Slowly open your arms until you feel the upper arm touching the floor.
- Once the upper arm touches the floor, then squeeze the dumbbell up and bring the arm up again.
- Repeat movement and perform 35 reps.
8. Staggered Push Ups
Well, you can say we decided to take it up a notch here. We’ve already explained how beneficial push-ups are to your underarm. It’s no wonder that another variation of push-ups makes our list.
However, this is more challenging and is usually for those that now find the traditional push-ups as too easy. The staggered push-up is a sure bet in helping to tone your entire armpit area.
How to Do Staggered Push Up for Underarm Fat
- Assume a plank position.
- Place one of your arms at your chest level and the other just about 3 inches to the front.
- Now use both arms to push into the floor to bring your body up.
- Once at the top, bring the body down again and continue repeating the movement.
- Do 8 reps on the first arm and then alternate arms, placing the other arm forward now.
- Also, do 8 reps.
9. Tricep Dips Exercise
Do you know your tricep muscles can contribute to armpit fat?
That is where the tricep dips come in.
It is another easy and fantastic exercise that also helps to tone your tricep muscles, thereby reducing armpit fat.
The good thing is it can be performed anywhere, in fact, I do this in my office sometimes. Once you can get a chair, then you are good to go.
How to Do Tricep Dips Exercise for Armpit Fat
- Position the hands just about a shoulder-width apart and place them on a stable chair.
- Stretch out your legs right in front of you and slide your butt from off the chair.
- Straighten the arms and make sure the elbow is a little bit bend. This is to take away the pressure from the joints of your elbow.
- Now bend the elbows slowly and lower your body to the floor. Stop when your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
- Then use your arms to press down into the chair and straighten your elbows to return to the previous starting position.
- You can do about 15-20 reps each in 2-3 sets.
10. Join A Dance Class
We know you’re surprised.
Well, you shouldn’t be. Being fit doesn’t have to about pain and sweat.
You can also have fun, do what you love and still stay fit.
Joining a dance class that involves high-intensity movement will really help in burning off that extra fat all over your body including the armpit fat.
This is definitely one of our favorites as it allows us to do what we love and still gets rid of armpit fat.
There are definitely more exercises that can help to get rid of armpit fat. However, the 10 listed above are guaranteed ways to help you reduce underarm fat.
You should be aware that how to get rid of armpit fat is not only restricted to exercises.
You should also watch what you eat. Do not be an emotional eater. Opt for healthy foods with low calories. Now you’re ready to these armpit fat workouts. Leave us a comment and let’s know how it goes