You’ve had a flat belly all of your life, but recently you’ve noticed weight starting to accumulate around your waistline. Does this sound familiar? Don’t worry; there’s nothing wrong with you. As we age, our metabolism slows down, and hormone levels change, causing us to store more belly fat. Luckily, there are things we can do to keep this from happening! This 7-day waist challenge will help you slim down and re-shape your midsection for good.
While this week-long challenge will help you burn calories, it is also essential to follow a healthy eating plan. If you don’t know where to start, try the 21-Day Flat Belly Meal Plan.
This challenge is special because it doesn’t just focus on building your core muscles. As you will see, each day’s workout combines a core workout with a fat-melting cardio or High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) element. This combination enables you to not only tone and tighten your abdominal muscles, but it will also help you shed the fat that lies above them! In total, performing these two workouts each day will take about 30 minutes.
7-Day Whittle-My-Waist Challenge
What you need: an interval timer / a yoga mat or towel / a step or chair / a treadmill or open space / an exercise ball / a jump rope / 1-2 sets of dumbbells of varying weight (3-10 lbs.) / 1-2 kettlebells of varying weight (8-15 lbs.)
What to do: Perform the workouts designated for each day. We’ve specified the number of rounds you are to complete for some of the routines. If there is no specification, simply follow the instructions given in the original post. You will find instructional videos in each post, as well.
- 10-Minute Tabata Workout for Abs
- Ultimate Fat-Blasting Cardio Workout Plan (2 rounds)
- 5 Moves to Lose Lower Belly Bulge (3 rounds)
- 15-Minute Kettlebell Cardio Circuit
- 10-Minute Ab Burnout
- 20-Minute Total-Body Tabata Workout
- Muffin Top Melt-Away 200 (2 rounds)
- 15-Minute Quick & Easy Cardio Workout
- 20-Minute Core Strength Workout
- HIIT Kettlebell Fat-Blaster (3 rounds)
- 10-Minute Flat Abs Challenge
- Do-Anywhere Cardio Workout Challenge (4 rounds)
- Ab Oblique Interval Workout (3 rounds)
- 15-Minute Indoor Body Weight HIIT
You can make awesome progress in a week if you remain consistent. For best results, perform this challenge at least 4-6 weeks in a row. After the first week, you can choose one day per week as your rest day. If the workouts begin to feel too easy, you can always increase the duration accordingly!
Content retrieved from: https://skinnyms.com/whittle-my-waist-challenge/.